- One Nation, One Ration Card’scheme will be implemented by June 1, 2020 across the country. The announcement was made by the Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Ram Vilas Paswan.
- This scheme has been preponed from its original date of June 30, 2020 to June 1, 2020.
- On January 1,2020 the scheme is operational in 12 states across the country which includes Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Tripura, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Kerala, Haryana, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Telangana.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiaries will be able to avail their entitled food grain under theNational Food Security Act (NFSA) from any Fair Price Shop located across India.
- The beneficiaries will be identified and verified through Aadhaar authentication at the Fair Price Shops on the electronic point of sale (e-POS) devices.