- Union Minister of Rural Development, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launched the third phase of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana.
- The third phase aims at consolidation of 1,25,000 km of connectivity that primarily aiming at rural links connecting Gramin Agricultural Markets. The funding pattern is set between the Centre and state as 60:40. In the north-eastern states it is set as 90:10.
- Under the scheme, so far 53,491 rural road works have been completed under the scheme. This connects 97.27% of feasible habitations and adds up to 6 lakh kilometre of roads across the country.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- The scheme was launched in 2000.
- In 2015, under the recommendation of the 14th finance commission, the project was funded by both centre and state in the ratio 60:40.