- The Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman presented the Budget 2020 on three main themes.The third theme of the budget is Caring Society. Under this theme, the GoI allocated budget to Women and Child, Social Welfare and Tourism, Environment and Climate Change.
Women and Child and Social Welfare
- Under the Beti Bachao Beti Padao, the Gross Enrolment ratio of girls is higher than boys. Their enrollment is as follows
- At Elementary level, girls’ enrollment is 94.32% and boys’ is 89.28%
- At secondary level, girls’ enrollment is 81.32% as against 78% for boys.
- At higher secondary level, girls’ enrollment is 59.7% as compared to 57.54% for boys.
- To improve health of children in the age of 0 to 6 years of age, adolescent girls and lactating women, Poshan Abhiyan was introduced. More than 6 lakh Anganwadi workers are equipped with smart phones to upload the status of nutrition of more than 10 crore house hold.