- The Pinaka missile was successfully test fired from Odisha coast from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur.
- The Pinaka missile is a modified version of Pinaka Mk-II rocket. The rocket was added with integrated navigation, control and guidance system in order to improve the end accuracy. The missile navigation will be aided by the IRNSS (Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System).
- The flight of the missile was tracked by several tracking systems namely radars, telemetry, Electro-Optical Targeting System. The systems confirmed high performance of the missile.
- Previously, Pinaka was test fired at Pokhran, Rajasthan in March 2019.
- The Pinaka is an artillery missile. It is capable of striking an enemy territory till 75 km of range with high precision.
- Pinaka was used for the first time in Kargil war.