Reports and Indices
Renewable Energy (RE) Report 2022
- Report was released by International Energy Association (IEA).
Key findings of the report
- RE will comprise 90 percent of global electricity capacity expansion in next five years and much of it will be in India.
- RE’s installed power capacity addition will grow to 2,400 gigawatts (GW) between 2022 and 2027.
- With addition of 145 GW, India is forecast to almost double its renewable power capacity over 2022-2027.
- Solar photovoltaic accounts for three-quarters of this growth, followed by onshore wind (15 percent) and hydropower providing rest of it.
- Formation – 1974
- Members – 31 (India not a member)
- Headquarters – Paris, France