TIDCO plans to develop six thematic industrial parks across the State
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation Limited (TIDCO), a governmental agency in the state of Tamil Nadu is planning to develop six thematic industrial parks — two in Chennai, three in Coimbatore and one space park at Kulasekarapattinam in Thoothukudi to support the micro, small and medium enterprises in the State.
- Tamil Nadu has been ranked third in the country in the Ease of doing business for 2020-21.
- The state aims to improve the ranking to number 1 by supporting the micro, small and medium enterprises in the aerospace and defense sector.
Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export and 1. Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property
- The Idol Wing CID (IWCID) of the Tamil Nadu police stopped the auction of Nataraja Idol in France and insisted for its return under the UNESCO Convention of 1970.
- The rare variety bronze idol was stolen from Kayathar in Thoothukudi district half a century ago.
About UNESCO 1970 Convention
- The UNESCO 1970 Convention is an international treaty to take measures to prohibit and prevent the illicit trafficking of cultural property.
- The return and restitution of cultural property is central to the Convention.
- It entered into force in 1972 and is ratified by 143 states including India.