- The World Economic Forum (WEF) and its partners have launched orgwhich is a multi stakeholder effort to support efforts to grow, restore and conserve 1 trillion trees around the world in order to restore the biodiversity and help combat climate change.
1t.org’s aims and efforts to be taken:
- Project aim: org project aims to unite all the countries’ govts, non-govt. organisations, businesses & individuals in to restore nature in a mass scale.
- Carbon locking:Locking up the carbon in the world’s forests, grasslands, and wetlands can provide 1/3rd of emission reductions needed to meet the Paris Agreement targets by 2030.
About Paris Agreement:
- Fact1- It is an agreement within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), dealing with greenhouse-gas-emissions mitigation, adaptation, and finance.
- Aim-To limit global temperature increase to well below 2 degrees Celsius, while pursuing efforts to limit the increase to 1.5 degrees.
- Agreement signing:2016