Defence, National Security and Terrorism
Operation – Sea Sword 2
- INS Trikand participated in the ‘Sea Sword 2’, which is a Combined Maritime Forces (CMF) led Focused Operation held in the Northwest Arabian Sea to counter terrorism, prevent narcotics trade and stop smuggling entities from using the seas.
- The Indian Navy’s long range maritime patrol aircraft also participated in the operation and provided air support.
- This effort is a part of the Indian Navy’s commitment towards ensuring safety of the seas and collective security in the region, supported by Prime Minister’s SAGAR vision.
About INS Trikand:
- INS Trikand (F51) is the third and the final ship of the 2nd batch of Talwar-class frigates of the Indian Navy.
- INS Trikand was built by the Yantar shipyard in Kaliningrad, Russia.
- The other two Talwar-class frigates, INS Teg and INS Tarkash were commissioned in 2021 at the Western Fleet.
Awards and Honour
India receives EXCELL Award at International Conference on Family Planning
- India’s family planning measures got appreciation on a global stage with the country receiving Excellence in Leadership in Family Planning (EXCELL) Awards -2022.
- The award was received at the International Conference on Family Planning held in Pattaya, Thailand.
- India came out as the only country which bagged this award in the ‘country category’ at the conference.
- The International Conference of Family Planning focuses on universal access to family planning. It provides a platform to discuss various issues pertaining to family planning and awareness about the same.
- National Family Health Survey (NFHS)
- First conducted in 1992-93 and the latest one in 2019-21 – NFHS 5 is a survey that is conducted nationwide in a representative sample of households.
- The survey is being conducted with an aim to provide high-quality data on the health and family welfare situation of the country and simultaneously highlight the main issues pertaining to the areas.
Mission Parivar Vikas
- The mission is one of the flagship schemes of the Government.
- Under the scheme, 145 districts in 7 states of Assam, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar, and Uttar Pradesh are identified to be in high focus based on the Total Fertility Rate (TFR).
Tamil Isai Sangam Awards
- Marking the 80th anniversary of the Tamil Isai Sangam, Musician Dr.S.Sowmya will be presented with the Isai Perarignar Award and Pann Isai Perarignar Award will be given to Mayilai P.Sargurunatha Odhuvar, a renowned Thirumurai music songs scholar.
- At the 80th anniversary function of the Tamil Isai Sangam at Raja Annamalai Forum, Chief Minister M.K.Stalin will present the two awards, a silver medal, a gold medal and a prize money of Rs.10,000 to each awardees.