- The country will send up an unusually large number of 10 earth observation (EO) satellites during 2020-21, according to the latest annual report of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for 2019-20.
- The plan includes new categories, such as the first Geo Imaging Satellite, GISAT-1.
- In comparison, only three communication satellites and two navigation satellites are planned for the coming financial year starting April. The plan mentions 36 missions, which include both satellites and their launchers.
- ISRO was recently given a budget of nearly `13,480 crore for the next fiscal.
- The upcoming EO satellites include radar imaging satellites RISAT-2BR2, RISAT1A and 2A, Oceansat-3 and Resourcesat-3/3S.
People also Read
Current Affairs Calender