Latest Inventions on Science & Technology
First privately developed rocket all set for launch
- India’s first privately developed rocket, Vikram-S, is poised to create history as it undergoes final preparations at the ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) launch pad in Sriharikota for launch between November 12 and 16.
- It was developed by the Hyderabad based Skyroot Aerospace.
- The mission was named ‘Prarambh’ (the beginning) — since it is the ﬁrst mission for Skyroot Aerospace.
- It was unveiled by ISRO Chairman S. Somanath in Bengaluru after the technical launch clearance from the space regulator INSPACe (Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre)
- Skyroot is set to become the ﬁrst private space company in India to launch a rocket into space, heralding a new era for the space sector which was recently opened up to facilitate private sector participation.
- Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Formed – 15 August 1969
- Chairman – Sreedhara Panicker Somanath