PM Modi Inaugurates Gandhi Solar Park at UN Headquarters
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a 50 kilowatt ‘Gandhi Solar Park’ at the UN headquarters.
- PM Modi and other leaders also released a commemorative postage stamp of Mahatma Gandhi, at the programme ”Relevance of Mahatma Gandhi in the Contemporary World” at the UN headquarters.
- The event was hosted to celebrate the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, which will underline the continuing relevance of Gandhian thoughts and values in today’s world.
Dr Harsh Vardhan launched ‘TB Harega Desh Jeetega’ campaign & National TB Prevalence Survey 2019
- Union minister for Health and Family Welfare (HFW) Dr Harsh Vardhan launched ‘TB Harega Desh Jeetega’ campaign & National TB Prevalence Survey 2019 in New Delhi.
- He flagged off a van for the National TB Prevalence Survey 2019 (25 vans will be part of the survey for 6 months) and unveiled TB India Report (2019).
- 21.5 lakh TB cases were reported in 2018 compared to 18 lakhs in 2017 (increase of 17%).
- Target: India aims to eradicate Tuberculosis(TB) by 2025, ahead of the United Nations (UN) deadline of 2030 in its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare:
- Formed: 1976
- Constituency of Dr Harsh Vardhan: Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Madhya Pradesh government launched a month long “Swachhata hi Seva Abhiyan”
- The government of Madhya Pradeshlaunched a month-long “Swachhata hi Seva Abhiyan” against the single-use plastic which will be observed till October 25, 2019. It will also coincide with the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- It has an aim to administer oath to at least 50 lakh citizens against the use of single-use plastic and targets to reach 2 crore urban population.
- In order to collect waste, a total 2000 km long plog run will be organised in 378 cities of the state.
Rs.6000 Rupees will be given Annually to Women Suffering from Triple Talaq: UP Govt.
- Uttar Pradesh (UP)state Government led by its Chief Minister (CM) Yogi Adityanath will provide an annual assistance of ₹6,000 to the triple talaq victims till their rehabilitation and also they will get free legal aid.
- It is a personal practice followed by Muslim communities in the country as a form of divorce wherein a man can unilaterally and arbitrarily end his marriage by merely pronouncing the word Talaq thrice. The man pronouncing the divorce may deliver it through a letter, text message, email or even through a video recording.